Title: Digital Fundraising Fellow (Democratic & Progressive Politics)
Compensation: $15/hour, anticipated 20-25 hours/week, flexible and dependent on availability
College Internship Credit: Yes, we would be more than happy to help provide the required oversight and administration to assist with securing college credit!
- Paid Fellowship, as they all should be
- You will be an important and highly-valued member of our team, with real responsibilities and a crucial, well-defined, role
- Sustainable workloads and a collaborative enjoyable work environment!
- Exciting national candidates in competitive and vital races
- Monthly team happy hours with free UberEats meals
- Ability to work remotely anywhere within the U.S.
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Fully Remote, Note: Team works 10am-6pm EDT/EST
Reports To: Digital Fundraising Principal
Term: Seasonal role – Fall 2022 or Summer & Fall 2022 (see below)
Summer & Fall 2022 – Dates are flexible, within reason, and the emphasis will be on Fall 2022, with a focus on September and October 2022 in the lead-up to Election Day in early November. Candidates who are available for both the Summer and Fall periods will be prioritized, since understandably continuity of experience and understanding will be helpful in this role, but we are open to ideal candidates who are only available for the Fall.
WHO WE ARE
Momentum Campaigns is a boutique digital fundraising agency based in Washington, D.C. We grow and expand digital operations for Democratic campaigns and organizations to propel fundraising programs forward! We were founded on the idea that strong, strategic multi-channel grassroots fundraising is what propels campaigns to victory, and we’re here to drive that.
Momentum Campaigns is a proud Latinx- and woman-owned and operated firm, bringing a much-needed perspective to the digital campaign space.
We’re seeking a current college student or recent graduate to serve as a Digital Fundraising Fellow to join our digital fundraising team. As a fellow, you will get hands-on, practical experience and opportunities to explore the field of digital political fundraising/development. This fellowship will challenge and inspire you, but will also require hard work and dedication as you learn the ins and outs of digital strategy, the email drafting & loading process, and how experts measure and optimize analytics to drive engagement and fundraising, all while helping support dynamic Democratic clients in their path to 2022 victory! You will gain exposure to working with both Democratic political campaigns and PACs, and will learn differences in approach and strategy for each.
As an integral member of our team, you will be here to explore and understand, and will be involved in important team and client meetings along the way. You will get to work with each area of our team including our Graphic Designer, Operations, Associates, Strategists, Sr. Strategists, Principals, and Founding Partners. What you will not be doing is fetching coffee or filing papers.
- Observe, and eventually support in, the process of writing high-performing and engaging content for email, text messaging, and ad campaigns
- Observe, and eventually support in, the coding of emails, signup forms, and donation pages
- Assist with workflows and approval processes for client copy
- Gain a foundation in the construction of ActBlue pages, branding, & social shares
- Gain a foundation in the creation of ActBlue fundraising links for all social fundraising posts
- Observe digital planning sessions, providing opinions and perspectives to help enhance strategy
- Learn how to create, monitor, and analyze A/B test results, and when/why to look for specific variables to drive email fundraising
- Observe client facing calls and strategy meetings
- Support digital fundraising team members and Founding Partners as an integral member of our team
- Must possess excellent writing skills and verbal communication
- Candidates with experience as a volunteer or part-time team member on a political campaign, or at a political organization, will be highly regarded
- Any level of HTML and CSS understanding/experience preferred, but not required
- Experience managing any type/scale of email fundraising program as either the primary decision-maker or as a key contributor preferred, but not required
- Understanding of the Democratic political landscape
- Passion for staying aware of the daily developments in crucial campaigns and elections nationwide
- Experience with ActBlue and A/B testing preferred, but not required
- Experience with NGP, EveryAction, ActionKit, or similar preferred, but not required
- Confident demeanor – not being afraid to propose out of the box ideas, or write bold & emotional social media content
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting our mission of helping get Democrats elected at every level of government
WRITING SUBMISSIONS ON APPLICATION:
- Writing Prompt 1: Your client, Charlie Crist, is running for Governor of Florida against Ron DeSantis. A new poll was just released that shows Charlie just two points behind Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis. Compose a tweet to be sent from Charlie Crist’s personal handle about the new poll news that will drive engagement and fundraising.
- Writing Prompt 2: The Crist For Governor team is really eager to grow their follower count on Twitter by several thousand followers in the next week. Compose a tweet highlighting the state of the race and asking followers to retweet.
Please visit our application form: https://forms.gle/G43q19wx4pbE9XRq7
Application Open Until: May 20, 2022
Don’t wait to apply! Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
Momentum Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and strongly encourages those from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds to apply.